Gastroenterology Community

Can diverticulitis cause blood in the urine?

Really curious to hear if anyone else can shed some light on this. In sum: gallbladder removed 8 months ago when tests showed it to be malfunctioning.  It was odd that the start of that was when I urinated blood one day after jogging. After the GB surgery things were fine for 5 months until this January when I began to get very bloated, nausea, and a swollen feeling on the R side of my abdomen.  Again, I urinate blood as part of this.  Doc says I need an ERCP performed as pancreas enzymes are high. I get this done, but symptoms persist.  CT scan shows constipation and that my bowels are backed up.  Last night I urinate blood again after jogging, and then feel very swollen inside but not the bladder area (more above).  Question....doc mentions that the sigmoid part of the colon touches the bladder and if inflamed, can cause blood in urine.  Diverticulitis is the one condition that seems to combine both the bladder deal and the swollen feeling I have.  This is really driving me nuts as it keeps happening even after these procedures.
Hi, the common causes for painless bleeding in the urine are infections of the kidney/bladder, disorders of the kidney/bladder, benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), certain blood disorders, strenuous exercise and certain medications. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment, who may then refer you to a urologist. He may do tests like urine analysis, blood tests, X rays, ultrasonography, CT scan and sometimes cystoscopy to detect the cause for painless hematuria. Regards.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem