Gastroenterology Community

Gastro

So I'm a 21 year old male and past the past 2 and a half week I've I've had pain in my lower abdomen and very frequent bowel movements, I have been to the doctor and he said it was gastro but that was a week ago and it's still going,  also I have started to notice some blood in my stool (not much and not all the time) now from a week ago the pain has died down alittle and some days I feel fine but getting to the end of the day is when things start up again, I never really got anything worst then a cold so I when I saw the blood and its been going on for nearly 3 weeks now I'm starting to get a little scared, so much question is is this normal for gastro and how long should I wait before going to see the GP and and getting another option?

-thanks in advance
blood in your stool is never normal. I would bypass your GP and go straight to seeing a GI specialist. They shoudl be running blood work and a stool test...AT LEAST
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem