Gastroenterology Community

Gastroparesis from Bile Reflux

Hello fellow tummy sufferers. I have a broken stomach/digestive system. I am a 37 year old female with many auto-immune related conditions: hypothyroidism, pernicious anemia, iron deficiency anemia, etc. I have never had good digestion and always suffered with IBS-D. After pregnancy it turned into IBS-C.

After two years of being unable to eat most solids I had major testing done and was told I had gastroparesis from Bile Reflux Disease. I am nauseous to the point of incapacitation most days. I was put on Tecta and Domperidone three months ago with the idea that would "fix" me. I am not fixed and in fact feel worse. I have never had gall bladder removal and am quite young for this. I am not diabetic. I correlate the deterioration of my digestion with two things: a stomach flu or food poisoning that kept me from eating for five days AND starting antidepressants. Am I on the right track? Why did this happen?

What can I do to help myself? Are there any herbal therapies that really work? Do colonics provide any benefit. I don't go to the bathroom unless I take Milk of Magnesia. But I am so disgusted with the taste, just smelling it makes me nauseous. Are there surgical options?

Thanks,

Jena
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem