I smell like poop all the time even when i bath or shower or wipe

Right so for the past 2 years I just sort of noticed people covering their noses around me and stepping away just little gestures, I thought nothing of it until people kept asking have you farted and making comments like someone sh*t themselves when i knew fine well it wasn't me but I also couldn't smell anything. Then more recently, a few people have told me out right that I stink of sh*t and as i hurried to the toilet i could see no marks on my pants or on my bum which made me confused and it is on my mind all of the time because what if people are thinking the whole time when they speak to me he reeks and it affects me so much mentally I cant focus or think of anything else and I am just sick of it. Does anybody have a cure/ know what is going on? Please I really need help.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello. For one month now I have been dealing with the same thing. I would like to know if you've found something that helps with this?
Helpful - 0
I don't have an answer but I've had the same problems fro quite sometime.  My doc didn't care till I ended up in the hospital. I lost 3 pounds a day.  I still don't have answers.  I had sinus surgery which stated all of this weight loss.  I believe there is a connection and Im hoping to find answers.  Good luck
Helpful - 0
Same situation as you. Mine started as bad breath and then people asking if I had farted all the time.
Usually can't smell it but sometimes (apparently when it's worst) i can sniff something rotten.
Now I have constipation and bowel movements with a lot of mucous and blood.
Stool tests are negative for parasites but occult blood test and calprotectin indicates inflamation.
This doesn't explain the constant smell, I've heard that internal rectal prolapse could cause that though.
Very strange thing is that the more liquid the food I eat/drink the worst the smell gets.
Helpful - 0
i have a fungal infection in my head.  if i am lucky enough to remove some of it, there is plenty i cannot get out.  but the deeper it goes into my head as i pull it out, the stench of it as it comes out is appalling.  smells just like poop.  you must stop eating sugar, today!  if feeds the fungus and it grows so quickly.  i wonder, do you have pain and swelling anywhere?  that is probably the site of the offensive odour.  i have other friends with this Valley Fever, and they all report the smell.  since covid, i am unable to smell, but others do.  things like opening my window in the car, when i am in it, makes me well aware the driver smells it too.
Im sorry you are experiencing this also. This is really life altering. I'm so embarrassed and nothing I've done so far has stopped it. I've even avoided eating all together and even that hasn't stopped it, it did diminish the potency of the odor ( flatulence) coming out of me but it hasn't prevented it. If anyone has the key to solving this pls respond

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem