Avatar universal

Seeking insight for my fiance's mysterious dehabilitating pain

Hello, I am posting this on behalf of my fiance. He has been living with Ulcerative Colitis, migratory degenerative enteropathic polyarthritis, and antiphospholipid antibodies ever since he was a teenager, but only in the past three to four years has he experienced an extremely debilitating pain that none of his doctors or specialists have been able to identify. My hope is to help him find the answers we need, so that his mysterious pain can no longer stop him from enjoying the life he deserves. The following is a description of the pain he experiences:

“Pain is always in the exact same spot, about an inch above the hip bone on the left side, about an inch or so deep. No fluctuation of the pain location at all. Pain has been persisting for three to four years and is ongoing. Stabbing/burning feeling and it pulses. Random pulses, does not appear to be linked to heart beat at all. Pain can last for days. Medications seem to help at a hit or miss, not a guarantee the medications will help. “

My fiance and I have been together for eleven years. I’ve seen him feel worse and worse from this centralized pain, and no general practitioner or digestive disease specialist has any ideas how to handle it as it worsens.  We feel helpless, and he is so afraid of becoming a burden to me. He never will be, and I’m determined to find a way that could help him regain his life.

Therefore, I come here in hopes that a gastroenterologist may be able to offer their expertise and their heart if they think they may understand what is hurting my fiance.  His current medications are Methotrexate, Tramadol, Sulfasalazine, Proclorperazine, and Dicyclomine. The last two medications affect his side pain, but only sometimes do they actually relieve it.

Thank you to anyone who reads this. I want to help my fiance more than anything, and we are desperate for answers.

1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
446049 tn?1649005835
You should seek out a digestive health specialists. They are usually highly trained gastroenterologists and may help very much.  I have found one with same symptoms and
now taking VLS3 and Omaprizole and it's much better. Goodluck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem