Gastroenterology Community

Sharp Pain in lower right abdomen

Over the past 2 days I have waken up to a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen...I would say that it almost feels like a bee sting.  The pain subsides and then I am almost sore afterwards.  Generaly throughout the day it occurs and goes away as well.  

I had similar pains about a year ago and had a CT scan with and W/O contrast and they were both clean on diverticulitous and the appendix was clean as well.  They even mentioned that they did not see any hernias.  My primary sent me to a sports medicine place that then suggested I do PT.  I was examined by the Dr. there for hernia and nothing...I did the PT and pretty much laid off all excercise activities...

Do you have any idea what I could be up against.  Or more specifically do I need to go to a Gastro Doc or back to a different Sports medicine?  Specifically the pain is:  4 inches below the Belly Button and then about 4 inches to the right.  It is in the same place each time.

I am a male 35 5' 5" approx 155 lbs.  
I run approx 8 miles a week and play ice hockey 1 time a week.  (I have not been on the ice in about 2 months.)  This excercise routine has been regular for about 2 years.
I did go and ice skate the other day for the 1st time and if my memory is correct it was the next morning when I felt the pain again...Muscle strain/Tear a possibility?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem