Gastroenterology Community

Year long Intermittent pain on left side of my belly button PLEASE HELP

A year ago, I was severely constipated. I would go to the bathroom once a week. It was a psychological kind of constipation. The bathroom that was available to me was always disgusting and I refused to use it, so I would use my parents' bathroom instead when I visited them on the weekends. I never felt the urge to go to the bathroom during the week. If I ever had an urge, I wouldn't suppress it. I would use that disgusting bathroom in those rare instances. NOTE: This scenario went on for 3 months until I moved to a better place. Since then I go to the bathroom every 1 to 2 days.

START OF THE PAIN: I was driving to my parents' house one day and I felt especially blocked up. All of a sudden, feel a horrible pain start in my side. When I got out of the car and stood up, the pain reduced slightly. It reduced even more when I went to the bathroom. By the end of the day I was much better.

For several months, I would get that pain again even if I wasn't constipated, but it would always happen while I was driving or slouching. Now I notice it more often, regardless where I am, but it's mild.

I told a doctor about it and he dismissed it as a "muscle ache" or "gas." My insurance isn't the best, so I can't just see any doctor I want. I'm afraid this is serious. Please help. Thanks

I'm 25, male.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem