Gastroenterology Community

diverticulosis

I have suffered from abdominal pains for a long ime, in 2003 I was hospitalized, stabilized and sent home with Aciphex and was better in 6-7 weeks. No explanation, none needed I was better so I moved forward. I have completed a 48 week protocol of interferon and ribavirin 24 months ago. I have since, during and some before treatment, had very painful abdominal attacks that have last from a couple days to a week or so. I had hoped that what ever the issue maybe it would be fixed when I fixed my liver. Not so, I have been continually sick hoping the side effects would go away. Finally was given a CT/Contrast last week, this coming Monday I go back in for a colonoscopy. But my question is 2 fold one couldn't this have been seen last year when I had a colonoscopy? And does this have to be so disabling. I have very little desire to anything, besides at times my pain levels stay well above 5 and early am reaching for 10 daily.  I guess s 3 fold diet...... any suggestions.

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem