Gastroenterology Community
31.7k Members
1307298 tn?1305946851

doctor in South East Michigan?

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a gastroenterologist in South East Michigan that specialists in upper GI?  

I have Barret's Esophagus due to GERD, as well as a family history of stomach cancer.  Given that, I am monitored yearly with an EGD.  I'm looking for a new doctor because my current one specializes in lower GI, and I would feel more comfortable with someone that has extensive experience with upper GI issues.  During my appointments, he routinely dismisses any concerns I have and simply writes me a script instead of talking through issues, such as potential progression of Barret's and the preventative actions I can take.

Can anyone recommend one?  Or perhaps even tell me the best way to find a good doc -- aside from randomly picking them from a list at a hospital?  

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.


1 Responses
Avatar universal
Hi Jean.  Call the AMA and ask for the name of the top Gastroenterologist in your city, they will be happy to help you.  I hope you get some answers and you are very wise to switch docs! Take care.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem