excessive gas

For the last 3-4 weeks I have been having gas problems. First, it started with just normal gas but a little more than usual. Then it became bloating and a little more gas. Now, it has turned into excessive gas that has been quite frequent and to mention embarrassing. I usually don't know when I will pass gas. I have involuntary gas and voluntary gas. I don't know when the involuntary gas will occur. It always feels like my anus is open. So the only time I know when i'm passing gas is if I smell it. And when I go to the bathroom the stool is watery and I do it frequently. I always have the feeling of wanting to go regardless of if I do or not. This is all new to me and it's really starting to bother me. I have had the same diet for years and even gas medicines I tried seem not to help. What is my problem that I have?
If you haven't changed your diet, you haven't added meds or changed meds, or if you weren't sick before this happened, you may want to consider checking with your doc and asking for some stool tests to see if you might have picked up some type of unwanted 'critter' that might be causing the problem. In the meantime, you might may want to take dairy out of your diet to see if that's on any help.

You might also want to start keeping a food diary to see if there are any foods or food groups that make things better or worse.
I completely know how u feel. I have gas problems too and can't control it. it just happens, sometimes i dont even feel it. im only 16 and have to deal with this problem through high school. is soo embarrassing. i've had a endoscopy, taken meds, and done stool samples sent for testing too. seems like everything is "normal" but why can't i find a solution for the bloating and passing gas?
PLEASE if you find something that helps PLEASE tell me. ANYTHING. =(

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem