gall bladder operation caused my problem

I truly am amazed to read all the post. because it explains all my problems.  I had my GB removed years ago, and have been keeping track of all the bathrooms for years.  When I talked to my doctor about the dumping syndrum, she looked at me as if I was crazy.  I am a type 2 diabetic.  I am having constipation on a continual basis, and I just don't know what to do.  I called my doctor and she directed me to emergency, because I told her I was bleeding from the rectum.  The emergency Doctor told me I was ( Full of ****), he didn't laugh, I didn't either.  I was embarrassed, He gave me a prescription, and told me to make an appointment with my Doctor.  I am feeling so defeated.  The emergency room Doctor told me that I probably have Cancer.  Please have someone call or email me.  

This discussion is related to Bowel Problems After Gallbladder Surgery.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, haemorrhoids (piles) is the commonest cause for painless bleeding into the stool. Piles or haemorrhoids is nothing but venous plexus (network of veins) in the anal canal, which, due to hereditary predisposition and constipation are enlarged and are dragged down, towards the anus. The first step towards therapy would be to combat constipation, which is done by drinking plenty of water, like doubling your usual intake. Adding a lot of fiber rich food in your diet like green, leafy vegetables and bananas. Consuming only whole grain cereals like rice or wheat and avoiding refined carbohydrates. Regularly exercising, as this helps in bowel movement. Regards.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem