Gastroenterology Community

iron deficiency

My daughter is 27 and was admitted to the hospital last November with an iron count of 4.  She received 4 units of blood and 10 iron transfusions.  She had an endoscopy, colonoscopy and cat scan with contrast.  The doctors found no source of bleeding and her blood and iron have been normal since Dec 08.  However she is extremely tired.  her hematologist thinks she may have immune problems like chronic fatigue.  However, when she eats meat she has way, way more energy.  But when she does any meat she complains the meat makes her stomach hurt all day and her bowel movements  become painful.  She's taking a multi vitamin, and  B shots but her energy is too low to live a normal life without eating meat.  But the meat makes her miserable.  I don't even know what kind of doctor to take her to.  She lives in Southern California but I would fly her anywhere.

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem