Gastroenterology Community

paraesophageal hernia with twisting stomach?

For the last 1 1/2 years or more I have been experiencing what I thought to be a classic hernia. Brought on by cough, sneeze, pulling weeds, stomach crunches at the gym, straining during a bowel movement.....a sudden protrustion from my abdomen would appear, twisting painfully. Location always the same, just left by a couple inches and slightly above the belly button. The protrustion would hurt less and go away faster if I pushed on it.....as if I were holding it in. Sometimes an event could be more severe and painful than others.....making it almost impossible for me to get up off the floor to get help had i needed to.This is not caused by gas and I do not have any reflux issues. After dozens of these events I came to realize that if I just catered to the needs of the twisting organ    within me and stopped said behavior that created it,  it would go away as mysteriously as it arrived.  Many of my friends and family were also able to "feel" what we musingly called the alien within me. Originally I went to a dr who found nothing and basically I dropped the ball afterwards. Recently I decided to put an end to this "hernia" as I had decided it was. My GP couldn't find it, wasn't on on ultrasound or MRI, surgeon couldn't find it.....but with events happening every couple weeks I decided to go ahead with an exploratory look see and they would fix it when they saw it. They oddly found a IV paraesophageal hernia and fixed it. (glad it's fixed) but dr is saying that  this type of hernia would not have the rolling, twisting that I feel all the time on the outside of my body (that goes away after every event). I have seen on internet that some people suffer movement of their stomachs, could this be it? This has to be one and the same......can anyone offer me any thoughts? I want so much to feel like it's found, done and over. Donna
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem