Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Avatar universal

Can my brain be damaged be damaged by carbon monoxide?

I was standing near the back of my car with working engine in garage with opened doors, the car was very close to outdoor space.  I was standing like that for about 3 minutes, doing some things in the trunk.  I felt no headache. Could I damaged my brain by it?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello, welcome to the forum and thanks for your question.  Why are you worried about this, if I may ask?  Poisoning by carbon monoxide is fairly rare but obviously serious when it happens.    The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are: dull headache. weakness. nausea. vomiting. confusion. dizziness. difficulty breathing.  
Helpful - 0
363281 tn?1643235611
Hello~I don't think you have anything to worry about. You had the door open, so air was getting in, plus, you were only there a few minutes. You have no headache, so that is good as well. I am sure you are fine. :-)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.