A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
9.09k Members

Upper Thigh Pain After Having the Flu

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, and am hoping someone can help me. Last month, I was really sick with the flu (respiratory) for 2 weeks. I had a fever that ranged from 101 to 103 for 10 days. It's been years since I've been that sick. About a week after I started to feel better, I began getting pains in my right upper thigh. They're hard to explain, but feel like deep muscle cramps...tiny ones. And they're not in one spot, basically all over the thigh. They really hurt, and can happen whether I'm sitting or standing...doesn't seem to really make a difference. And it's throughout the day, and while I'm trying to sleep. They don't wake me up, though. Even when the cramps don't happen, my leg feels different...kind of weak. Not where it's going to give out on me, but feels a little shakier than the other thigh. Now I've read about Guillain-Barre Syndrome, and that has me pretty freaked out. Of course, all this is happening when I just changed insurance, and haven't been able to find a doctor yet. I hardly ever drink water, so I've been drinking Gatorade, and it does seem to help. Sometimes the cramps stay away for a day or two, but the leg still feels just different. I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.
0 Responses
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.