General Surgery Community
330 Members

Correlation between colon and nasal polyps

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about colon polyps and nasal polyps being connected. I have had both types and was curious if I should expect further problems with them and how they are related.
I think the nasal polyps might just  be one of the largely uncounted numerous strains of the HPV virus out there. I believe that different HPV strains are specific to certain body tissues. And I think the fact that you have both just is symptomatic of a lowered immunity and environmental factors. If you have a concern though, have a pathologist cross compare the tissues. They keep digital record of all specimen slides.  Good luck!