General Surgery Community
330 Members

Wound Infection and healing from gashes or cuts, research based.

I was wondering just how medical solutions can aid in healing wounds and fighting off infections.

For instance, let's say someone got a deep cut on one of their legs and it was bleeding heavily; what substances would be used to stop the bleeding (besides stitches) and disinfect and or fight against infection?
Are you doing research or is this a situation you need help with personally? Maybe this will help you in general? https://www.healthline.com/health/open-wound
I am researching such situations to better understand the types of solutions that are used in modern medical fields to treat cuts. This is not a personal matter.