METHYLMALONIC ACIDEMIA

MY SIX YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH METHYLMALONIC ACIDEMIA, SINCE SHE WAS FOUR DAYS OLD. SHE HAS BEEN RECENTLY WALKING AROUND WITH SOME EXTREMELY HIGH MMA LEVELS SUCH AS 124 700. IS THE LAST RESULT SHE WAS CARRYING., I AM VERY CONCERNED WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO HER ESPECIALLY KNOWING THAT IN MY COUNTRY THERE IS NO HELP FOR HER. CAN U TELL ME SOME MORE ABOUT THIS CONDITION
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, thanks for your little info but can you tell me what does your MMA stands for, because it sounds like something else than what my daughter has, i need you to spell out your condition for me, and let me see if we both have the same condition, i am willing to find out.
Helpful - 0
Your mother was very young when she had you!  I am truly sorry for your pain.  I pray for you. Take care. God Bless.
Helpful - 0
MMA pending on what level your daughter has can be dangerous.  what is your doctor saying?  she is lacking certain enzymes to break down things.  my co-workers 8 month old is going through all the MMA and metabolic disorder testing.  he actually just had a skin biopsy to try to determine how severe it is.  
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your info, my daughter had her skin biopsy when she was two years old, her last levels was 19.2 when checked in chicago, she visits UIC hospital in chicago, illinois, can u find out for me where the drs. are located who deals directly with this condition, and secondly, can you tell me if this is a kind of cancer. thanks.

thalisa
Helpful - 0
i ama bit lost at your last response. what exactly are you telling me?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Genetics Community

An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.