MTHRF, A1289C heterozygous; VWF; TSH

I just tested positive for this, and have the other abnormal results:  TSH 59.74,  T4 Free low (0.7); ALT 49; Creatinine 1.02; VWF RISTOCETIN CO-FACTOR of 244 and a CGA:vWf of 209.  I'm 61, do not smoke or drink alcohol.  What does all this mean in combination?  Is a family physician (internal medicine) usually a sufficient treatment provider for this, or should I see an endocrinologist or genetic counselor? I have no children. My mother had Hodgkins disease diagnosed when she was five months pregnant with me and died 5 years later, so I don't know much about her medical history.  I'm 3 years s/p gastric bypass and take Opti-Source multivitamins.  

Thanks.

This discussion is related to a1298c mutation.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
See http://mthfr.net/ for lots of information and finding a doc to treat MTHFR. Blessings!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Genetics Community

An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.