Genetics Community
966 Members

what is the probability of false negative CVS testing

I am 33 years old, i have balanced traslocation of 14,21 .. Now pregnant on my 20 weeks. I did CVs testing on my 11- 12 weeks .. and it came back negative, and we are having a baby girl with the same balance translocation I have ..
we were so happy and continued to enjoy the pregnancy.
I was concerned about false negativity at that time and asked the genetic counselor about it, and she said that the biopsy report said that the growth was from placenta villus cells so I should not worry.
Now am a little bit worried cuz on my sec trimester , they found an echogenic bowels , but everything else was perfect.. Cystic fibrosis screening is negative as well .
Doc and genetic counselor said that its most probably normal variant .. but i am still worried.
Need some help please
Please help
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.