Skinning fingers

Why does the skin on my fingers die and peel immediately it comes into contact with food? Makes preparing and eating meals difficult  - can't always use gloves.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi MargiesGirl,

Welcome to our community. Please excuse my tardy response. Are you still monitoring our site?

Do you mean the skin our your fingers peel with each and every food contact? If I understand you correctly.... Wow!

Normally I would think it was a food or contact allergy but highly unlikely if this occurs with all foods. Does it happen with anything else? What have the doctors told you?

This must be extremely challenging for you. If you haven't consulted a dermatologist and an allergist I would certainly do so. If you have one consult than I'd get second opinions.

I'm back and hope you'll be active on MedHelp. I'll look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Regards,
~Tuck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Geriatrics Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life