GroupTrack: We Will Stop Smoking Community
43 Members

5 weeks of no golden virginia

Not to put a downer on things but just a warning from me not to get complacent. It definately helps with support of family and friends. Hope you are still off the nicotine.
Its week 5 for me and the recovery only feels like its just begining for me. Like many the euphoria of quitting is short lived, it is now been difficult.
Giving up for me feels like I have started a new life. Very strange, I am a totally different person, I was not prepared for drastic changes. I am hoping things will appear brighter soon. Like many I felt great for a week or two once I thought I had quit...then things start to change for real more permananently and eventually for the better. However the little gremlin sat on ones shoulder does not go away and still persists without me actually craving. it is only just starting to get easier. No I jest it actually is not. The first 2 weeks were the easiest I found as the physical withdrawal symptoms dont last long (except my lungs still not quite there). I can take up to 12 weeks or even 6 months to feel totally compfortable with it I have heard. So I am persisting.
Anyone else find this? Seeing my GP tomorrow see if meds are required.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.