Blood Chunks

When I was 9 yrs old I had an accident in the bike which made me bleed for at least a day.
I was taken to the doctor but all he said was that my hymen had been broken because of the impact while riding the bycicle. They did an ultrasound to make sure everything was fine and it was at that point.
I got my period at age of 15, ever since then I have been having a really thick mucous chunks are a  discharge that comes along with my period. This thick mucus chunks are always about the size of a teaspoon and it comes out every single time I go to the restroom. I've asked my doc but he said its normal. Is that right???
About a year ago, I was diagnosed with HPV, Im not sure if this would make my situation worse.
Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

It sounds like you pass some blood clots during your menses.  This can be a normal finding and is not related to HPV.  HPV is a type of virus that can cause ano-genital warts and cervical cancer.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing

I know how frustrating clotting can be.  I experienced them first hand.  Mine were related to polyps in my uterus.  You may want to have an ultra sound done to rule out any obstructions you may have down there.  Good luck!
i always been irregular with my period but every month i'll have it for more then two weeks but at the begining big clog of blood then at the of the second week is so black  i'm forty seven should i worry about or could it be my chage of life
hi    I use to have blood clots alot more when i was younger... but now that im older i dont get them as much... But im sure its normal......Dont worry about it unless they get real big.. good luck..

You are reading content posted in the Gynecology / Women's Health Forum