Risk of HIV

About a week ago from today, 9/14, I had unprotected sex with a black male that has a history of drug use. I am positive for herpes, but I did not have a breakout at the time. One week later, I'm showing symptoms of a yeast infection. What is the likelihood that I could have contracted HIV? I'm a white female mid 20's. When should I become worried? I'm very nervous.
None of these symptoms can be related to HIV as it is far too early.  Most symptoms of sero-conversion would normally start after 2 weeks of a possible infection.  The risk of contracting HIV through unprotected vaginal intercourse, assuming that the man was positive, is estimated at 3%.  Not knowing the status of the man, the risk would be much lower than that.  You need to get tested: a PCR RNA test at 10 days or a Duo test at 4 weeks.  You would also need a full STD screening.
Best wishes,
Dr José
A related discussion, Abrasion on the skin of groin.Any Risk? was started.
A related discussion, hiv oral was started.
A related discussion, What to do..What is the risk in my case was started.

You are reading content posted in the HIV - International Forum

Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.