you have asked:-
1. Why you say Vidas duo test is 99.89% at 4 weeks and not 100 %, when it will be 100 %?
The published data say 99.89%
2. Have you ever know about a false negative using Vidas duo Ultra test.
We've never experienced that in our clinic
3. How reliable is Vidas duo Ultra test, I Took: 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months test, all came negative. What is the probability I don’t have HIV.
If you only had one possible exposure and no exposures since and have tested as you've said then you are definitely HIV negative
4. Should I have another test (brand or type) to be sure Im hiv negative?
5. Can I Rely 100 % in my results, despite of symptoms. My risk was low.
see my answer in 3) above
kind regards, Sean
This is not a doctor forum. Anyone can post answers here. I'll try to answer some of your questions but I'm not a doctor.
1. It will never be 100%. It is an antibody test and some people don't develop the antibodies. However, the longer you wait the more accurate it is.
2. There are false negatives. 0.11% of the time at 4 weeks.
3. They are pretty reliable. I'd say there is a 99.99% chance that you are not infected.
4. You could have another kind of test. But it isn't really necessary.
5. Nothing is 100%, but the test's you took are reliable. You could take a different kind of test that tests for the virus itself, not antibodies. But these tests are very expensive and your insurance won't cover it because the tests you took are considered conclusive evidence that you do not have HIV.
HIV symptoms are so general that they can be caused by just about anything. Stop worrying about it. YOU ARE NOT INFECTED.
My mistake, I guess this is a doctor forum. I;m sure they'll get to your question tomorrow.