HIV - International Forum

unprotected oral sex with blood

10 days ago I had unprotected oral sex with an escort. She was performing unprotected oral on me for approx 5-10mins at this point I was not enjoying and ask her to stop. When she removed her mouth there was a large amount of blood on the head and shaft of my penis.

Would this scenario be consider high risk exposure? Im planning on getting tested at 4 weeks hoe accurate would the test be?
Obviously if there was a significant amount of blood inside of her mouth and she was HIV positive, there would be a risk of HIV infection and if she might have caused perhaps some damage on your penis with her teeth, even though all this sounds like a very unusual event, and receiving oral sex does not normally pose any HIV risk as saliva would neutralise the virus.  Because of the amount of blood involved here I would recommend that you get tested with a Duo or Combo test at 4 weeks, and the result will be conclusive.
Best wishes,
Dr José
I forgot to add that the blood was from her mouth, she had a cut on her tongue.
well in that case, if your penis was free of wounds..you have nothing to worry about as you'd have to be actively bleeding. You would be at a hospital getting treated. There has never been a case of HIV reported by insertive oral sex and you will not be the first. For peace of mind, get tested at 4 weeks as Dr G Garcia says above.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.