HIV, Living With Community

Diagnosed hiv positive

Yesterday I was diagnosed HIV positive. I couldn't believe what my doctor was saying when he told me. I think I know whom I got it from but I'm not sure. I confronted him but he got angry saying it couldn't be from him and that he is negative. According to him he tested it one month ago. It's either him or possibly two others which I think could hardly be the case. I already have Herpes so I kind of know what it is to live with a STD but hiv... I don't know what to do from here on. Are their people here who are also diagnosed HIV positive? How do you experience it? How did your loved ones react?
I'm very sorry to hear this.  My thoughts & prayers are with you.  I don't know what it's like to be hiv positive, but I can imagine it's a struggle.  Where do you live & what was it that made you test for hiv?
if you dont mind me asking,what kind of symptoms did you experience?
I am really sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and don't give up!
Meanwhile If you want to find someone who is also pos and with experience to talk to, please feel free to go to aidsmes.com there are lot of people there who can give you good support and advice.
@sparkeler: I went to a doctor earliar because my new partner insisted on having us tested on STD's before we go further in our shared sexual experiences. I never expected this result though and I still need to tell him although I don't know how. I think he'll brake up. I don't have clear symptoms yet I think, but I lost some weight recently which was positive at first but when I think of it now.

Thanks for the link kimoz. I'll check it out right now.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.