HIV, Living With Community

Viral load

An update from the previous question I have asked in regards to my viral load: I had a doctor's appointment on Aug 15 and my results after that were <20 copies. I achieved this result within a month after running out of meds in June. My question is is it possible that my viral load was already low? Also my meds are Biktarvy.
No one answered you yet.  First, glad you are undetectable. What were the results previous to that?  Was that a change?  Ya, your med could have been working through June while you still had it and the result is a reflection of that.  If that is the case, I'd be motivated to consistently take the med.  Did you run out due to no cash for it?  You all set now and back on it?  Did you talk to your doctor about the results?
Yes everything is fine. The meds I take are biktarvy. I ran out because I didn't get a chance to refill at the time due to my busy schedule but I am currently still taking my meds now. My next appointment is on yhe 15th this month. I  do have a question. Given I was off of my meds for that small period of time why didn't he get infected? (not saying I wanted him to be)
Yes everything is fine. The meds I take are biktarvy. I ran out because I didn't get a chance to refill at the time due to my busy schedule but I am currently still taking my meds now. My next appointment is on yhe 15th this month. I  do have a question. Given I was off of my meds for that small period of time why didn't he get infected? (not saying I wanted him to be) Also, my results were undetectable in April but I've been taking biktarvy since 03/13/19. Since then, I have had two undetectable results so far.
Even under the riskiest of situations, HIV is rarely transmitted.  The rate of transmission for any activity is less than 1%
I have one more question. Is switching positions (i.e. stopping then starting until orgasm) considered multiple exposures?
If there are 2 separate events of ejaculation, it will be considered multiple exposures having potential to reinfect.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.