This is my first time posting there, will appreciate your expert assessment of my risk. I had my snowblower at repair shop yesterday, they fixed it and delivered it back.
Today we had a lot of snow in Charlette, US. I used the snow blower for 1 hr and as I was parking it in my garage got a significant cut on my finger from one of its blades. I cleaned the wound and did first aid, the cut did not need any stitches or visit to emergency but it did bleed.
Here are some facts....
1. It was roughtly 16 hrs after the snowblower was delivered to my place that I got but.
2. Temperatures today are below zero freezing
3. Snowblower was kept in garage so exposed to air and oxygen
1. Am I at risk for HIV if someone at shop had cut his/her hand on the same blade and there was blood on the blade, if its true am I at risk?
2. Will HIV be active in sub zero temperatures, exposed to Oxygen and after 16 hrs?
3. Does water/snow deactivate HIV virus? Am thinking i used the snowblower before I got cut so blades but be in contact with water/snow.
4. Do I need testing?
Thank you so much..