A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.6k Members

Chance to get HIV

Hi,
I am a gay guy. I had sex with a stranger and happen that i had unprotected sex as a receiver.
I don't know his status, but at that time he told me that he was clean, negative. I know I shouldn't done that for whatever reason is.
I was so freak out the next day. But i keep telling myself it gonna be okay.. Then in next 2 weeks i had fever, light flu for about few days.. I started worry about things.
I went to get checked yesterday.
I just want to ask to someone who might have experienced single time unprotected sex and get the symptoms but come out Neg- as i am still hoping it was just fever because of lack of sleep or weather.
1 Responses
366749 tn?1544695265
COMMUNITY LEADER
Without an intention to scare you, I would like to share the facts. Unprotected Bottom anal sex is the riskiest of the risky behaviors and must always be done with protection using plenty of water based lubes.

If it was an HIV Duo (Ab+Ag) 4th generation test, done after 4 weeks of your exposure, you are fine and your test was conclusive. If not, please repeat it after 28+ days to get conclusive results.

Lesson learned, Never Ever unprotected again with anyone, outside your mutually committed monogamous relationship.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.