HIV Prevention Community

Chance to get HIV

I am a gay guy. I had sex with a stranger and happen that i had unprotected sex as a receiver.
I don't know his status, but at that time he told me that he was clean, negative. I know I shouldn't done that for whatever reason is.
I was so freak out the next day. But i keep telling myself it gonna be okay.. Then in next 2 weeks i had fever, light flu for about few days.. I started worry about things.
I went to get checked yesterday.
I just want to ask to someone who might have experienced single time unprotected sex and get the symptoms but come out Neg- as i am still hoping it was just fever because of lack of sleep or weather.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Without an intention to scare you, I would like to share the facts. Unprotected Bottom anal sex is the riskiest of the risky behaviors and must always be done with protection using plenty of water based lubes.

If it was an HIV Duo (Ab+Ag) 4th generation test, done after 4 weeks of your exposure, you are fine and your test was conclusive. If not, please repeat it after 28+ days to get conclusive results.

Lesson learned, Never Ever unprotected again with anyone, outside your mutually committed monogamous relationship.