Early symptoms

If I received oral fellatio and gave cunningus over three years ago and I did not notice any symptoms. How long will it take for the symptoms of HIV to present themselves. I say this because for a job I was HIV tested the results have not come back but I am nervous. I been looking at a lot of websites and noticed that flaky skin is an early symptom. I am 21 and I have always had dry skin just around my t-zone never getting acne and dandruff. Is it possible that I have HIV or rosacea?
Hi there

From your description, you do not have a risk of HIV infection.

The first symptoms of HIV infection, sometimes called acute HIV infection or primary HIV infection, occur about 1 to 4 weeks after the virus was transmitted.
not everyone gets ars symptoms.
Hi there,

I agree with Lizzie...some people have no recollection of thier acute infection stage...

i didnt say that. I read 20-30% dont get symptoms but up to 80% do. Thats high. I said what happens after 4 weeks if u definitely did not get any symtoms of ars?
what do you mean what happens???

trying hard to understand what you are asking
Hi there,

Let me try...see if I get it right.....heehee....

After 4 weeks without any symptoms.....than, wait for another 2 weeks to do take a HIV test,....than.....if you have a real risk.....wait for another 6 weeks to take a conclusive HIV test.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community