HIV Prevention Community

HIV through open wounds and other questions

Hi again,

I have a question which is related to my previous post not long ago. I have read that HIV can be transmitted through open wounds. 2 hours before my sexual encounter with a massage parlor prostitute I shaved off hair in my pubic area including the penis, and I am pretty sure the blade left some tiny but not deep cuts in the penis skin because I saw some bleeding. I however, used a condom during sex but had a hard time getting erect.

A day after that I developed a fever that lasted 4 days. I was wondering if my erection problem that time caused some of her fluids (assuming she's positive) to get inside the condom. Should I be concerned about this??? the thought of it really bothers me a lot given the fact that I got sick on the next day.

Second question... I have also read that during the 3 month period of seroconversion, one can be extremely infectious. Again, just assuming she is on that window period and is extremely/highly infectious, what are my chances of getting infected even with a condom on????

I'm still a month away from getting tested and the long wait is absolute torture. Plus my anxiety has been over the . top for the past two months. I'm dying every single day of worrying.Hoping someone can give some answers, Thanks.