Hiv Dna Pcr Relieability

Dear Sir,

I had protected sex with csw after that I was really scared of HIv, took a DNA pcr test on 5th day and 17th day and hiv combo test on 19th day, kindly adive what all test I need to take, as I have only 62 days from the exposure, coz will be gettying married.

Thanks for your support, in addition planning to take a combo test on 32nd day,

Not an approved HIV screening test and you didn't have a risk to begin with and didn't need testing.
Thanks Sir,

I was not scared for myself just wanted to clear my doubts before marriage. I am from India and doctors here advise to do this test, anyways I got tested again on 29th day for combo test will let  you once the report is out.
You've never had a risk.
Dear Sir,

Thankou for your reply and time, just to inform you all my past test were negative, today is 29th day got a combo test done and report is negative, do I still need to test at three months as you say.

Thanks so much
What of, "Youi didn't have a risk," is it you aren't understanding?
What is the combo test anyhow?
Combo test - Antigen/Antibody test. Before the body produces antibodies it produces Antigen (Protien 24) and the doctors based on their experience and research in labs base that antigens are produced with in 30 days and then antibodies are produced after antigens. So a combo test is both Antigen/Antibody
Combo/Duo is excellent at 4 weeks+ as it is said to detect up to 99% of infections at this time frame because this is when p24 antigen is at it's peak.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community