Hiv from paper towels?

Hello.
Sunday following into Monday i developed a 1/2 inch scar from scratching on my hand.  2 days later there is no scab but the peeled off skin doesn't seem to be bleeding. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and when I threw away the paper towel I accidently stuck my hand into the trash can and touched for about 2 seconds another paper towel with my hand that has the scar. I can't remember if the scar touched the paper towel. There was a person before me who washed their hands about a minute before I threw away my towel. Could there be a chance I could get HIV from this if there was blood on the paper towel from the person or people before me? Seeing my hand was not actively bleeding at the time and it still hadn't developed a scab? Also, would this scar without a scab count as "broken skin?" Thank you.
COMMUNITY LEADER
HIV does not spread through the objects
Even if the object was used a minute ago?
No, otherwise everyone would have it because everyone gets cuts and rubs against someone else's by mistake once in a while. If it was as easily spread as you fear, then all of America including children would have it.
But I didn't rub it with anyone. Its just about touching an object while I had a cut in my hand.
You were never exposed to any risk of HIV transmission.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community