HIV Prevention Community

Non Detection of Anti-Bodies

I had a 4th Gen HIV 1&2 Anitbody + p24 CMIA test done, 5.5 months after exposure.
The results were negative.

My only concern is this Quora article where Mr. Kuan Tan talks about a rare set of people who never produce Anitbodies to HIV, in the section "Unknown – Sero-Negative HIV Infections", the link is : https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-latest-best-information-on-the-HIV-test-window-period

While I understand that the chances are unlikely, it is causing me some paranoia and preventing me from moving on.

Please help.
You are conclusively negative. Don't listen to Mr Kuan Tan.
And don't listen to Notsoimportant either. After a 5.5 month negative, your exposure or any possible symptoms are meaningless.

Stay safe.
Thanks guys. Just that its difficult to move on when you see this. Makes you wonder if you are one of those rare specimens.

I trust my results. Needed some clarity on what to make of that article.