HIV Prevention Community

Semen on a Open Wound

I met a gay man one night and there was oral sex involved and I finished him off with a hand job. The semen came directly on my thumb which had a 3 1/2 to 4 day old wound. The wound came from being scraped really hard on concrete. The wound was healing but not scabbed and looked pink and yellow. the semen was thick and warm and stung when came in contact with the wound. I washed it off with in the minute with soap and water and I used sanitizer a little bit after. Is my case different from any other open wound case? Should be worried and take an HIV test or any other test for that matter?  He did say he was negative and he plays safe and was worried himself when I ejaculated near his anus and asked " you didn't your semen near my hole right?"  I'm lookin for peace of mind since there is so much contradictory info on the web. I'll take this as final answer. Thanks for time and apologies for all the detail.
You did not have a risk.  HIV transmission does not occur outside of the body.