A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

Should I be worried? Condom Broke.

Hello,
I am a 20 year old gay man, and today I had anal sex with another 20 year old guy - I was top. About 5 minutes into the act, while trying add lube I suspected that the condom broke. I immediately changed the condom and we continued to do our stuff. After we finished everything, I checked the old condom and the condom was in fact broken. From what I felt, I believe the urethra was exposed (I don't know for how long).
After the act I checked again with him that he did not have HIV, to which he replied that he does not have. But since it was a one night stand I don't know if I can trust this guy for 100%.
After getting home, I checked for any cuts on my penis and found none.
Additionally, it is important to say that the sex wasn't that rough.

I read that for Top guys, the risk is lower, but I am really freaked out and want to know if there is any reason to worry? Obviously, I will go and get checked, but from what I understood I have to wait 3 weeks before it can be discovered.
So, Should I be worried? and What are the chances of transmission considering I was top?
1 Responses
3149845 tn?1506627771
Hi your correct in that receiving fluids is more of a risk than simple insertion but it would still be considered high risk due to the community but i would not be overly concerned about it.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.