Testing

I have a question regarding my HIV test. I took both tests the same day, roughly 9 weeks post exposure.

HIV-1 RNA Qualitative - Negative
HIV 1/O/1 - <1.00 (Negative)
HIV 1/O/2 - Non Reactive

Are these results considered conclusive? I was told the HIV-RNA was 99% but I've heard conflicting information. Can someone please help?
While the fact no traces of the virus were detected in your blood, which is a GOOD thing.  I still recommend getting an antibody test at just to be absolutely certain.  

This is not because I believe you had a false negative, RNA tests just aren't for diagnostic purposes.  They are for people who already have HIV
These results were from the antibody test same day...

HIV 1/O/1 - <1.00 (Negative)
HIV 1/O/2 - Non Reactive

She told me it was a 3rd generation test. Is this good?

Oh my bad.  I saw your first line describing your tests and jumped to conclusions.  Please excuse me.

A 9 week test will NOT change.  It's up to you if you want to get tested at 3 months to comply with federal guidelines.  

The average time for detection of infection using 3rd Generation testing is between 22-30 days, and you are long past that.

Ok. Thanks for your insight. I will probably test again at 3 months just so it's on paper. You really read scary stuff on the internet. Some guy I just read about on the POZ forum said he tested negative up until 3.5 months. His story was a little off, but it still puts fear in a persons heart.
Someone on the POZ forum said they tested positive at 3.5 months?

Yes. I will message you directly about this because I have some concerns that I don't think need to be in this thread.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community