Unprotected oral sex (giver not the receiver)

Hello, Doctors and Moderators!    I'm a gay male who exclusively practice unprotected oral sex. This month in particular I performed oral on twenty different men with five of them confirmed HIV positive. Most of these guys are street workers on drugs. So, who knows what other std's they might have to increase my chances of acquiring HIV. My dental health is not that great and I have bleeding gums. Based on this information that I have provided to you. Does this put me at risk for contracting HIV?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No risk with oral so it doesn't matter how many std or bleeding factors you had or might have, it is still zero risk. Only unprotected anal or vaginal is a risk so you can move on from hiv.
Helpful - 2
Well, you're busy!  So almost every day of the month, you hook up and give a stranger oral sex? Is it a compulsion of some sort? That may be something to discuss with a mental health worker.  But with regards to HIV, this is not going to transmit HIV to you.  HIV is really a fragile virus and transfers in specific ways. People that get HIV get it from having unprotected vaginal or anal sex or sharing IV drug needles.  Air and saliva inactivate the virus.  
Helpful - 1
For the most part of my sex life, yes. I'm always busy. However, I became extremely paranoid when I read that you can get infected in the manner of oralsex. But, thanks for the clarification!

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community