Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

condom broke, very short exposure

hi to anyone who may help. I had sex with a prostitute and condom broke.  I instantly heard the noise and retired from her. i don't her status but if she had hiv,  how were my chances of getting infected from that incident? time of exposure is 3 second maximum or less.
I started taking pep (tribuss) after 36hours.  I am taking my last dose.  how much time should i wait to get tested?
Please please please i really need assistance

This discussion is related to My condom broke during sex; small cuts.
1 Responses
Small exposures are low risk. Condom ruptures happen and good you recognized it. Since your on PEP, you cannot get a reliable test result until 6 months. That being said PEP works to prevent infection if it was there. If I was you I would test once at 3 months 4.5 months and 6 months. Not saying that you got infected but to rule out for peace of mind.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.