HIV Prevention Community

condom broke, very short exposure

hi to anyone who may help. I had sex with a prostitute and condom broke.  I instantly heard the noise and retired from her. i don't her status but if she had hiv,  how were my chances of getting infected from that incident? time of exposure is 3 second maximum or less.
I started taking pep (tribuss) after 36hours.  I am taking my last dose.  how much time should i wait to get tested?
Please please please i really need assistance

This discussion is related to My condom broke during sex; small cuts.
Small exposures are low risk. Condom ruptures happen and good you recognized it. Since your on PEP, you cannot get a reliable test result until 6 months. That being said PEP works to prevent infection if it was there. If I was you I would test once at 3 months 4.5 months and 6 months. Not saying that you got infected but to rule out for peace of mind.