hiv and eczema very worried please help.

Hello, Hope this finds you well,

I have eczema all over my body sometimes they bleed sometimes not depending if i scratch them a lot.

1 month ago a guy ejaculated and directly put his cum on my back, i did not know if i had bleeding eczema wounds at that time of incident. i knew right after that this guy was hiv +, i rushed to the emergency and insisted on taking the PEP even though i was told by the doc that my risk is very low and usually hiv does not get contracted like this. after 1 month which is today i have a swollen lymph node on my neck and i feel my neck and throat are heavy but i have NO other symptoms. i am really really worried and scared, i cant go on with my life normally due to fear can u please help and tell me what to do. maybe i contracted the virus and pep treatment didnt work?

Thank you Doctor.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Trust what your doctor has said. HIV does not transmit the way you described. Your symptoms may have many reasons other than HIV. Your exposure did not exist in the situation you mentioned
thank u diver58.

The doc in the emergency said i have a low risk.

at this point i am very worried its litreally ruinning my life.
please just tell me do u think the risk is really very very small?
COMMUNITY LEADER
In medical terms, "Low Risk" meant, carrying theoretical risk that may not be supported by physical evidences or the evidence are too small in number to consider and are insignificant
pleasee just answer me this question, what if i had just scartched the eczema on my back since i always scratch all my body and alot of time i see blood on my tshirts pillow etc.. what if i had just scratched and my eczema was bleeing and he came on it, that way semen came in contact with blood so i can get the virsu like this.. correct?? please answer thank u
COMMUNITY LEADER
Get yourself tested for HIV Duo anytime now and collect your conclusive report. Though you do not need any test however it is the only way for you to get peace of mind.
thanks for ur help.
HIV would not be transmitted in this manner. It would require a large amount of virus deposited directly into the bloodstream. Superficial eczema does not put you at risk for acquiring HIV.
Thanks for ur reply..
Sorry to ask again but this is driving me crazy.. I read some where that a drop of hiv is enough of transmission, are you sure that large amount of blood has to get in contact with my bloodstream and also eczema wounds are superficial and do not cause transmission ?
what about my swollen lymph node isint that one of the symptoms of hiv ?
1 more thing, when i went to the emergency one doc said im not and risk and i should not take pep and another said there is a risk and i should start pep.. this is exactly what is driving me crazy please help
Thanks i hope my anxiety relaxes a bit
Worriedandworriedmore simply has no idea on HIV transmission risks. As someone with over 20 years of experience in dealing with HIV I can quite categorically state HIV is not transmitted via eczema. The anus is a good place of transmission as it is very vascular and the skin a lot more fragile in that region. Same with the penis. Secondly the thrusting of the penis against the vagina and anus causes friction and thus tears are much more common. Eczema on the other hand is a topical skin condition affecting the epidermis - the top layer which is less vascular with capillaries supplying the blood. Thus semen with HIV cannot penetrate into the blood stream in any sufficient quantity. Your doctor is absolutely right not to recommend PEP. Now unless worriedandworriedmore has a list load of medical qualifications in this area and would like to provide us with the evidence that you were at practical risk of HIV I'd take his opinion with a high degree of skepticism
thank u so much for ur help u put my mind at ease a bit :)
one last question please answer me, i forgot to mention this because i heard that this has ZERO risk but this is not what i read online.

That same hiv+ guy i spoke about earlier an hour after that incident he also came again he took his semen put it in HIS mouth kept it on his tongue then started licking my ear i assume some of it got into my ear.

Can you please clarify that for me please. is the ear what they call a mucus membrane thats y its dangerous?

Thanks a lot
If it's been is his mouth the saliva will have deactivated the virus. There is no practical risk of HIV from the incident described.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community