worriedsick

hi guys, heres my problem. 9 weeks ago i had protected sex with a sex worker. I also preformed cunninglus on her. I know must people say zero risk but i think im loosing my mind. 3 weeks after the exposure i developed a sore throat that is still slightly sore. The last few days i feel my legs and arms are spasming a lot but ialso keep finding lymph nodes all over my body. Ive been testd but wont know result till next week .. Not sure i can hold it together.
dont worry..it will come out as negative
oral sex and protected sex carries no risk..
you can expect a negative result..
There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex.  The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way.  Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk".  There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex.  Please educate yourself about the real risks.  If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. "   DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..."   DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?  
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA
guys thanks a million i hope ur right. I know im totally freakin out and i cant stop thinking about hiv 24-7. I have a fantastic wife and 3 beautiful kids, im sure what im feeling is guilt and stress
EXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY
thks lizzie, ive been a silent viewer of this site the past 9 weeks and you guys are fantastic , ye all have kept me going through this, just freaked out last few days x
FEAR IS NOT FACT
i totally know that, and as uve said on previous post , the mind is a powerful things and can play tricks on you
hi guys, just 1 more question. Wat size should lymph nodes be? Im findin loads around my body and im freaked a bit, i just cant relax at all and my body aches all over
of course you're finding them all over your body...we have them all over our bodies ! !  keep prodding at them...you'll finally get them to swell.

you DONT have swollen lymph nodes due to infection...YOU HAD NO RISK
thanks lizzie for ur prompt reply, sorry if im askin silly questions i just cant relax
guilt will kill ya
tell me bout it, will tell wife everythin when i get test results
ok . Now im totally freaked. Ive just found a swelling about 2 inchs long , its flat as opposed to round and u wouldnt notice it without touching , just on line between my groin and stomach, doesnt hurt but my hole body is twitching . Cant cope
stay strong
im tryin, just cant take tis anymore
If you think that this swelling is a lymph node relax, HIV related swelling of lymph nodes is usually in more than one place. as said before, you had no risk. your "symptoms" are from anxiety, it can do crazy things with the body. so just relax, or you will die from a heart attack before taking the test, a test that u dont even need to take... only for reassurance maybe.
thks i know , im tryin to relax and i know i need to cos my heart is racing. Had a 9 week test done but will be next week before i get result. Of course having felt tis swelling in stomach i think all my nodes are swollen
· Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
it is very hard to feel your abdominal lymph nodes, you would likely have to have advanced lymphoma and even then its rare to feel them. the most common places where you can feel your nodes are in the arm pits, neck,and groin.
im sorry teak. Suppose i just wanted some re assurance as to what my groin swelling could be , i wont post again apologies
See a doctor it is unrelated to HIV.
thks teak, again my apologies,
hi guys, got my 8.5 week test result , neg for all stds. However, my doc wants to test at 12 weeks even though i had small risk. Any thoughts?
of course it was negative.

kindly move on...
2

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community