Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

worries about open wound

Hi ,doctor.Really appreciate all the great jobs you do here.I have 2questions here,hope you will answer me,thank you very much.

1.A few days ago,when i walked on street ,i was knocked down by a woman. when I fell down I hit the ground,my hands began to bleed.Then i rose and began to clean the dust on my clothes,I wiped my clothes with my left hand which had a bleeding wound on it(I didn't realized i was bleeding at that time).And the woman also wiped my clothes with her hands.We wiped my clothes together for 2minutes.Later I found some blood on my clothes and realized my left hand was bleeding .And the woman had a wound on her hand ,too.So I'm afraid.If the woman had a open wound on her hand and touched the same area of my clothes I touched with my wounded hand,my open wound being exposed to her blood ,will I get hiv if she had hiv?

2.A few days ago my husband  had his wisdom teeth removed.if the dentist didn't disinfect the medical appliance ,will this put my husband in risk of getting hiv? I  am in China.
1 Responses
12438609 tn?1451979018
Hi,

Following are the answers to your questions sequencially,

1) No risk. HIV doesn't spread via the way your case describes. You are safe.
2) Every medical practitioner is trained well on occupational risks for HIV. All the surgical equipment's are either discarded after one use or reused after thorough sensitization using boiling method and disinfectants. Not a risk and your husband is safe.

I hope I helped you.

(PS: I am not a doctor but I research extensively on HIV and AIDS)
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.