Healthy cookies!!

So, coming off the holiday season where lots of people like to bake.  here is a recipe I came across for a 'healthier' chocolate chip cookie:

healthy chocolate chip cookie

Ingredients 3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

Preparation 1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2.Grind oats in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3.Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, at least 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until firm around the edges and golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Tips & Notes Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutrition
Per cookie: 99 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 8 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 64 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/bevs_chocolate_chip_cookies.html  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sounds good, I'll try that one for sure.  Giving up the baked goods has been one of the hardest things thus far to do.  I've managed to get creative though!  :0)
Helpful - 0
There are 8 grams of added sugar per cookie in this recipe.  Did I read this correctly?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
It is 2/3 less sugar than your typical cookie recipe.  It does have sugar in it but it is much less.  Enjoy!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community