Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
748902 tn?1286034758

I have an emergency

On Friday i am going to a party, it is a Pie Party, I need to bake a pie savoury or sweet.
I would like to do one as healthy as possible please, I will need to make it tomorrow
HELP
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
184342 tn?1282588750
This is late, but incase anyone else wants a healthy pie...  I LOVE to bake, and I LOVE pies-  so this is not a REAL pie to me, as it is WAY too healthy-  but these are VERY VERY good and easy to make-  it is a WW recipe I think....  the following is for Key Lime,  but I have made Lemon, Peach, Cherry, Strawberry...  the options are limited only to yogurt and jello flavors that match up!

1 reduced Fat Graham Cracker Pie Crust (Keebler makes one)
1 pkg. (4-serving size) sugar-free lime Jello
1/4 c. boiling water
2 containers (6 oz. each) key lime pie flavor (light) yogurt
1 tub (8 oz.) Fat Free (or Light) Cool Whip, thawed

In mixing bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water. Whisk in yogurt. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Fill crust. Chill overnight, or several hours.

1/8 pie is 147 cal, 3.5 g. fat, no fiber
Helpful - 0
748902 tn?1286034758
Thanks everyone for the ideas, I made individual spinach and feta cheese tarts fillo pastry,
Helpful - 0
483733 tn?1326798446
You could look into a crustless quiche (don't have a recipe but just google it) or a crustless pie.  Did a search and there are loads of them.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
101028 tn?1419603004
I make these with diet pudding instead of regular pudding and they turn out just fine. You can also use splenda in the crust too if you want.  

I'm pretty much with swampy - healthy and pie just can't go in the same sentence most times :)

grace

CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE
Printed from COOKS.COM

10 graham crackers, crushed
2 tbsp. sugar
1/3 c. butter
Cool Whip
3 c. cold milk
Chocolate instant Jello pudding and pie filling
Hershey's chocolate candy bar

In pie dish melt 1/3 cup butter in microwave. Add crushed graham crackers and 2 tablespoons sugar. Press to bottom of pie dish with back of spoon.

Mix chocolate pudding by following directions on back of pudding box. Put chocolate pudding in pie shell. Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with Cool Whip layer and grated Hershey's candy bar.
Helpful - 0
389974 tn?1331015242
Oooooo...Swampy loves pies...unfortunately, most of his pie recipes are not at all healthy.

This is the simplest, best pie just to bake, especially if you aren't used to making pies. Just be careful not to overbake.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/27667

But that isn't healthy!

So...Swampy recommends that you do a fruit pie, as there ought to be some kind of fruit in season in your area. Find the nearest farmers market and try to get something fresh from the grower.

To make the pie filling, toss your fruit with some sugar (you can substitute some of the sugar for something like splenda, but keep some sugar as the fruit will react with it). Swampy suggests fresh mint or something interesting like that...depending on the fruit.

You can also contemplate what ever spices are reasonable for the fruit, such as fresh mint, cinnamon, nutmeg, or even allspice. Some deep tasting fruits you could even try tossing in a few rolled oats. You can add some lemon or lime juice to increase the tartness if need be. A pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness. Making pie filling is all about feel and taste.

In general, unless you are trying to win a contest, it might be easier to use a frozen pie crust. This is a huge time saver, plus you can find a healthy brand.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.