NO BAKE PROTEIN BARS

NO BAKE PROTEIN BARS
You should be able to find the ingredients for these no-bake protein bars at your local health food
store, if not at your local grocery store. This combination of ingredients gives you a snack bar that has
plenty of protein and fiber, a bit of the good-for-you kinds of fats that seeds are so high in, and a bit of
sweetness from natural sources. And – this is the best part  the taste of these chewy bars.
Hemp hearts are otherwise known as hemp seeds. When paired with hemp protein powder, you’re
getting a blast of protein, along with the other benefits of healthy fats, and plenty of nutrients. All from
a natural source! The pumpkin seeds ratchet it up even further.
You can make these bars with unsweetened dried cranberries, but unsweetened dried strawberries are
just as good. They add a tart sweetness to the bars that balance the sweetness of the Medjool dates.
After you’ve blended up the hemp hearts, hemp protein powder, unsweetened shredded coconut
(sometimes called “desiccated coconut”), pumpkin seeds, and your unsweetened dried berries, you’ll
add the “wetter” ingredients. The coconut oil, honey, and Medjool dates not only add all sorts of great
flavors to your no-bake protein bars, but these are the ingredients which will hold your bars
together.
Because the honey is liquid at room temperature and the coconut oil isn’t far from it, I always keep
these bars in the fridge. That way, even if I grab one in the morning and toss it in my gym bag for a few
hours later, it will still keep its shape. One more tip for storage: after I slice these bars, I wrap them
individually.
I make these no-bake protein bars almost every weekend to prepare for the week ahead.

Ingredients
1. ¼ cup hemp hearts
2. ¼ cup hemp protein powder
3. ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
4. ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
5. ½ cup unsweetened dried strawberries or cranberries
6. 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
7. 2 tbsp honey
8. 5 pitted Medjool dates

Instructions
1. In a food processor pulse together shredder coconut, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, hemp protein
powder and dried berries.
2. Pulse in coconut oil, honey and dates.
3. Line an 8×4 inch baking dish with plastic wrap.
4. Press mixture into prepared dish and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours.
5. Slice and serve.

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community