Roasted Cauliflower Risotto (Healthy)

I made this last night and it was so good. I used all chicken broth instead of the vegetable broth, water and wine.

Ingredients
1 head cauliflower (about 2 lb/1 kg)
3  cloves garlic
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 large shallot, minced  (or œ cup/50 mL minced onion)
1 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley Preparation:
Trim cauliflower; cut into florets. In large bowl, toss together cauliflower, garlic, 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt. Roast on greased baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven until golden and tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Mash garlic with fork.

Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring broth and 1?cups (425 mL) water to boil; reduce heat to low and keep warm.

In large saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook shallot and remaining salt, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes.

Add rice, stirring to coat and toast grains. Add wine; cook, stirring, until no liquid remains, about 1 minute.

Add broth mixture, 1/2cup (125 mL) at a time and stirring after each addition until most of the liquid is absorbed before adding more, 18 to 20 minutes in total. (Rice should be loose, creamy but not mushy, and still slightly firm in centre of kernel.) Stir in cauliflower, garlic, cheese and parsley. For a really creamy risotto, stir in cubes of Canadian Brie or Camembert instead.

This nutritional info is based on 4 servings as an entree.  I served it as a side dish.

Nutritional Info
Per serving: about -
cal 351
pro 10 g
total fat 13 g
sat. fat 3 g
carb 49 g
fibre 5 g
chol 9 mg
sodium 678 mg
potassium 297 mg
RDI: -
calcium 12%
iron 9%
vit A 6%
vit C 112%
folate 32%
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Cauliflower is one of my favorite veg, I will just eat it steamed with a dollop of sour cream and in mad moments a bit of butter.I may have a go and doing this one this weekend  for a change, have to leave the garlic out of the DH 's bit,
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community