Sweet Potato Fries

I HATE sweet potatoes, but thought I would take another run at them. I went trolling around RecipeZaar for ideas and came across a great recipe. I tweaked it a smidge, but here it is:

3 sweet potatoes (or a couple packages of raw pre-sliced sweet potatoes)
Olive Oil
Cinnamon
Garlic Salt (or garlic powder and sea salt/kosher salt)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice sweet potatoes and place in a ziplock bag with olive oil to coat. Spread onto cookie sheet, keeping space in between fries. Sprinkle with cinnamon and garlic salt. Bake for 10 minutes, turn, and bake for 10 more minutes.

Eat as is or dip in some fat-free/light ranch dressing.

CJ and I really enjoyed them yesterday! I am looking forward to buying some more sweet potatoes just to make this recipe.
These sound really good.  I"ve made them where you dunk into eggs and bake and then dunk into a light mayo/curry paste sauce.  Yum!
Swampy finds that sweet potato fries are better if they are sliced very thin.

I have sweet potatoes if someone wants to come make them into fries for me :)  Bought a basket of them at market this week just because!

grace
Send them my way, Grace! I think I may actually grow some next year, this has actually gotten me hooked enough to give them another chance.

I cook them in a similiar manner, except I use Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix along with EVOO to coat my sliced sweet potatoes and then bake.  Makes a nice alternative.
I've made these, but never with cinnamon on them. I'll try the cinnamon the next time I make them. Great recipe.
I made these too, but didn't think of putting cinnamon on them....I'll try it though because I like cinnamon and its good for us too..thanks .
The cinnamon is what drew me in and the smell is amazing! The balance with the sweet and the garlicky saltiness is great.

My oldest son HATES potatoes in all forms, yes even french fries. He actually ate these and liked them. I was floored!

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community