Aa
A
A
A
Close
Healthy Cooking Community
1.26k Members
483733 tn?1326798446

What's the best thing you ever ate made with zucchini?

What's the best thing you ever ate that was made with zucchini?  Share recipes if you can!
8 Responses
506791 tn?1439842983
Toss up here:

Zucchini bread, zucchini lasagna or pickled zucchini.
101028 tn?1419603004
I like chocolate zuchini cake. it's not remotely healthy but it's chocolate :)

Have I yet to have any healthy memories with this best thing ever ate stuff? lol

Well my all time favorite is Houlihan's fried zucchini sticks but they don't make them anymore and they are not healthy soooo... I choose zucchini sauteed with an onion, garlic salt, pepper, olive oil and some basil. I eat it like this the most. I like the cookies and breads but don't eat them as often as I do this.
483733 tn?1326798446
I chop up zucchini in small pieces, sautee and add to my pasta sauces.
172023 tn?1334672284
Mine is Peekawho's Morrocan Stewed Chicken, found right here in HC.
1392153 tn?1428624323
stir fry...so healthy..cut zucchini into sticks..large sticks ...add just about any vegetables with it..ie...last night I had yellow and green zucchini sticks along with broccoli, cerlery, red and green peppers, yellow string beans and goodness knows what else...once chopped into large pieces I place in a hot cast iron fry pan with aliitle olive oil and real butter...stir fried over low/high heat...added some Bragg Seasoning and dried jalapino pepper ( just alittle) along with 2 finely chopped garlic cloves...I had this with my main meal of haddock and mash....the zucchini are plentiful at the moment...now this is healthy..none of the stuff made with sugar and white flour could ever be considered healthy to me...the colours are so vibrant ...just cook until el dente ladies...
1392153 tn?1428624323
Also try this one...take a large zucchini and slice into thickness of about a half inch ...place on parchment paper...add a dollop of pasta sauce to each zucchini slice...grate some cheese over tomato sauce...bake in oven....mmmm....mmm good...I have a friend from Mexico who prepares them this way but fry's them in olive oil in cast iron fry pan...take your pick...they are good either way ladies and gentlemen.
1317224 tn?1378705134
Those sound yummy! thanks for sharing, I'm going to try them both soon.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.