Zucchini Bars

Here is a way to get both your veggie and dessert at the same time.

Bars
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup Gold Medal all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 cup shredded zucchini, drained (I use 2 cups)
        (zucchini contains a lot of water, so after grating it, place it on a double paper towel and let the towel soak up as
         much water as possible)
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Spice Frosting
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbs butter or margarine, softened
1/8 tsp ground cloves
3-4 tsp of milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 9 or 8 inch square pan. In large bowl, mix

1. brown sugar,butter, vanilla and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp cloves. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Spread in pan.

2. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.

3. In medium bowl, mix all frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Spread frosting over bars. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.

Nutritional Info.
1 Serving: Calories 95; Total fat 4g; Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 75mg; Dietary Fiber 0; Protein 1g
= 2 WW points
2.

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I simply cannot trust myself around baked goods today.  Even the dog biscuits are looking mighty fine to me today.

*wanders off to calculate the WW Points in one dog biscuit*
Helpful - 0
LOL.........So, how were the dog biscuits?
Helpful - 0
I just took these zuccini treats out of the oven.  They smell mmmmmmmmmmm..good!  I will post back after I get to them!  Thanks for the recipe!
Helpful - 0
Yes!  They are delicious!  However, my frosting didn't quite come out the right way.  When I make them again, I am not going to put any frosting.  It will save some calories and I feel they are sweet enough that way!  The problem is...EATING JUST ONE!
Helpful - 0
I personally do not like frosting (of any kind), so I like the zucchini bars just plain.

I have the same problem with portion control, but it's getting easier and easier for me.
Helpful - 0
Monday, right after weigh in, I'm going to make these.  And eat the entire pan.  And lay blame upon the name Wannabenana.

Ye may smite me with your giant foot, Wanna.  
Helpful - 0
This recipe sounds great.  I will have to try it.  Thanks for the post.
Helpful - 0
Lol....Hope you like them!

Tomorrow is supposed to be my weigh in also, but I don't think that will happen. I must have about 5 lbs of swelling in my foot alone.
Helpful - 0
Weigh in anyway, and then you can be really shocked in another week or two when you lose all that swelling weight!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community